Radlfahren
    Montacute Park
    Norton Summit
    Cudlee Creek
    Zur Arbeit
    Zum Beach
Farmday
Urlaub 2009/10
Max
Ankunft
    Das Auto
    Warten
    Aussies
Fun
    Suedtirolgame
    Mastermind
Tarni Street
    Verandah
    Chicken Coop
    Gardening
    My Workshop
    The Shed
    Ninas Bakery
    Annas Wardrobe
    Dining Table
Don't Dump SA
Roboroos
Wrangler

Annas Wardrobe

12/01/2020 15:32 Australian Central Standard Time (South Australia)

I made a new wardrobe for my favourite daughter Anna. It is all made from 90x45 mm structural timber and a few 19x140 mm Merbau boards (basically the stuff we can get from Bunnings). We used linseed oil for the finish.
The finished wardrobe
The finished wardrobe
It all starts with a drawing; I used LibreCAD to make it. I've never used it before, so I spent about five hours to learn how to use it. Not too bad, so it's definitely a nice program.
I used the Merbau to give the side-walls some kind of structure.
I used the Merbau to give the side-walls some kind of structure.
I ended up with a large number of wooden boards
I ended up with a large number of wooden boards
Glueing them together made the 500 mm side-walls
Glueing them together made the 500 mm side-walls
The infill for the doors shall be made from 18 mm three-layer<br>slabs - not available in SA, so I made some myself
The infill for the doors shall be made from 18 mm three-layer
slabs - not available in SA, so I made some myself
The front panel (frame only) for the drawers
The front panel (frame only) for the drawers
And with its infill
And with its infill
Four cabinets make the wardrobe; they are connected with wooden frames. The bottom one<br> can be height-adjusted
Four cabinets make the wardrobe; they are connected with wooden frames. The bottom one
can be height-adjusted
The cabinets for the drawers sit on top of the first frame
The cabinets for the drawers sit on top of the first frame
followed by the next frame
followed by the next frame
The larger cabinets and the top frame
The larger cabinets and the top frame
I hand-cut the dove tails for the drawers
I hand-cut the dove tails for the drawers
I did use some Merbau for the handles too
I did use some Merbau for the handles too
Merbau is quite hard, so it takes time to process it
Merbau is quite hard, so it takes time to process it
The dark handles give the front some more structure
The dark handles give the front some more structure
Plenty of room (at least what I thought)
Plenty of room (at least what I thought)